SIBO Pro Course Topics
Dr. Siebecker's Practical and Clinical Pearls Included!
Communication checklists for patients, suggested visit schedule, patterns of patient responses, clinical anecdotes, desk reference charts, and other practical tools you’ll use daily.
Introduction - SIBO sub-types hydrogen, methane, hydrogen sulfide, symptoms & signs, prognosis and treatment overview.
Etiology - What goes wrong in the body to allow SIBO to occur (such as deficient migrating motor complex and anatomic abnormalities), and the many risk factors that lead to SIBO and why.
Pathophysiology - Understand how SIBO creates symptoms through bacterial gas fermentation, carbohydrate malabsorption, endotoxins and more.
Diagnosis - Learn keynotes to recognize SIBO in the clinic, if it's SIBO or something else, how to interpret SIBO breath tests (with lots of examples), how to use tests to inform your treatment, and why testing and retesting is important.
Symptom Relief & 1st and 2nd line Treatment - What to try before antibacterials plus OTC and Rx treatments for SIBO symptoms.
Dietary Treatment - Learn how to use diet as a 1st line therapy; for symptomatic relief; to support antibacterial treatments; for prevention of relapse; and for chronic SIBO management.
Antibacterial Treatment - Learn how to use the three antibacterial approaches to eradicate bacterial overgrowth: pharmaceutical antibiotics, herbal antibiotics, and elemental diet, as well as specific treatments for hydrogen, methane, and hydrogen sulfide type SIBO, and what to expect.
Preventing Relapse & Summary - Learn various approaches for preventing relapse, including meal spacing, bodywork, diet, pharmaceutical and herbal prokinetics, plus Dr. Siebecker's 12 Key SIBO Success Points, comprehensive treatment charts, and case examples.
"I love the Desk Reference PDF Booklet, I keep it open and use it everyday in my practice."
- Jeff Horacek MD
Classes are 10-20 minutes long: watch 1 or 2 at a time, check-off classes as you finish and pick back up easily.
1. Prevalence, Definition, History
2. Anatomy, SIBO Bacteria
3. Symptoms & Signs
4. SIBO Types
5. Treatment Algorithm, Prognosis
7. Symptom and Gas Pathophysiology
8. Carbohydrate Malabsorption
9. Other and Sign Pathophysiology
10. Introduction and Overview
11. Physiologic Underlying Causes,
12. MMC Risk Factors
13. Structural Risk Factors
14. Ileocecal Valve Syndrome Diagnosis
and Treatment: Dr. Sandberg-Lewis
15. HCl, Immune, Bile & Enzyme Risk
16. Discontinuing PPIs: Dr. Sandberg-
17. Synopsis and Clinical Points
18. Underlying Cause Testing, Treatment
19. Clinical Key Indicators
20. SIBO Associated Diseases
21. SIBO Differential Diagnosis
22. Differential Diagnosis Testing
23. SIBO Testing
24. SIBO Breath Testing
25. Why Test & Retest
26. SIBO Test Interpretation
27. Test Examples
28. Retest Examples & Testing Summary
29. 1st & 2nd Line Therapy
30. 1st & 2nd line Options: Dr. Jacobi
31. 1st & 2nd line Options: Dr. Ruscio
32. Symptom Treatment: Overview,
33. Symptom Treatment: Constipation
34. Symptom Treatment: Diarrhea
35. Symptom Treatment: Nausea,
36. Symptom Relief: Supplements to
37. Treatment: Overview
39. Uses, Effectiveness
40. Patterns, Principles
41. Key Indicators
42. Carbohydrates (parts 1-3)
43. SCD, GAPS Diet
44. FODMAP Diet
45. SIBO Specific Food Guide,
Bi-Phasic Diet, Cedars-Sinai Diet,
Fast Track Diet
46. SIBO Diet Comparisons
47. Foods & Meals (parts 1-3)
48. Diet Clinical Application parts 1-3
(How and When, Problems, Expanding) 49. Summary
51. Elemental Diet
52. Challenges & Clinical Tips
53. Case Examples
55. Antibiotics for SIBO
56. Alternative Options & Logistics
58. Protocol Types, Single Herb
59. Herbal Antibiotic Properties
60. Combination Herb Protocols
61. Case Example
62. Key Points & Summary
Antibacterial Treatment Points
63. Methane Treatment
64. Hydrogen Sulfide Treatment
65. Hydrogen Sulfide Diagnosis
66. Antibacterial Treatment Response
67. Antibacterial Treatment
68. Antibacterial Treatment Adjuncts
70. Prevention: Overview
71. Foundations and General Use
72. Individual Prokinetics:
73. Mechanisms, Site Activity, Safety
74. Use in SIBO
75. SIBO Options, Dosing
76. SIBO Clinical Application
77. Prevention and Prokinetic
Summary - Clinical Points
78. Clinical Application
79. Key Success Points
80. Case Examples
Every practitioner is welcome!
Licensed and non-licensed from all fields and disciplines, including MDs, DOs, NDs, DCs, RNs, NPs, PAs, LAcs, RDs,
Nutritionists, Health Coaches... Please join me!