Become a Pro in Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth with the Most Comprehensive SIBO Resource Ever Created
Taught by award-winning, leading SIBO expert Dr. Allison Siebecker, ND, the SIBO Pro Course is the only AAFP-certified course in SIBO.
The Most Comprehensive SIBO Education
Learn directly from one of the world’s leading experts in the diagnosis and treatment of SIBO with the only AAFP-certified, ACCME accredited SIBO course. Gain clinical insights and learn tested and proven treatment strategies for better results.
Help Your Patients, Grow Your Practice
Millions of people worldwide struggle with SIBO, yet very few practitioners deeply understand the condition. Whether you specialize, or just find SIBO comes up again and again in your practice, develop a deeper understanding so that you can provide the best care to your clients.
Become a SIBO Expert, Specialist or Not
No matter the focus of your practice, you will inevitably see patients with SIBO. For specialists, this unparalleled, comprehensive education is essential. For non-specialists, the efficient, organized format means you’ll have the SIBO information you need in moments with desk reference guides and short lessons.
The Answers To Your Tough SIBO Cases
Your instructor, Dr. Allison Siebecker, has spent more than 10 years working exclusively with SIBO patients, researching, and teaching physicians. The SIBO Pro Course presents an organized, synthesized, all-in-one-place SIBO program.
Course Statement of Purpose:
To improve SIBO patient care and outcomes by providing the highest quality SIBO education to all practitioner disciplines.
- 22 hours of 10-20 minute, easy-to-navigate lessons in video, audio, and transcript formats
- Ongoing, on-demand access to all materials
- Clinician's Desk Reference PDF Booklet - including treatment protocols, dosing chartsd & checklists
- Bonus guest lessons by:
- Dr. Steven Sandberg-Lewis
- Dr. Nirala Jacobi
- Dr. Michael Ruscio
- Dr. Satish Rao
- Dr. Ami Kapadia
- Private Google Group for participant discussion and questions
- Certificate of Completion
- 20 CME credits, certified by the AAFP and accredited by the ACCME
"Wonderful course, so well structured and presented. Each lesson was so packed with actionable information and insights. This took what I had learned during my one year residency/internship to a new level, which I appreciate. I now have a good grip on the complexity of the science and the challenge of working with each patient's completely unique journey/challenges. I really appreciate the pace, delivery and passion that was palpable in every lesson. I'm so glad for the opportunity to participate and learn."
- Jim Wilday
Become a better practitioner.
Improve patient outcomes.
Gain SIBO expertise.
"Absolutely brilliant, invaluable information."
"Overall, it was just fantastic."
"Outstanding. One of the best courses I have ever done"
"One of the most clear and practical courses I have ever done"
"It has been a game changer for our clients/clinic."
"Excellent! Every slide was relevant."
"This is definitely a course you NEED to do."
“An amazing program, absolutely worth the time and money."
"Dr. Siebecker has been a true pioneer to bring SIBO awareness into the limelight. She’s so passionate about education, and educating people about SIBO. I’ve never meet anyone who knows that much about SIBO, and she’s just the nicest person you’ll ever meet."
- Nirala Jacobi, ND
Dr. Siebecker's Practical and Clinical Pearls Included!
Communication checklists for patients, suggested visit schedule, patterns of patient responses, clinical anecdotes, desk reference charts, and other practical tools you’ll use daily.
Introduction - SIBO sub-types hydrogen, methane, hydrogen sulfide, symptoms & signs, prognosis and treatment overview.
Etiology - What goes wrong in the body to allow SIBO to occur (such as deficient migrating motor complex and anatomic abnormalities), and the many risk factors that lead to SIBO and why.
Pathophysiology - Understand how SIBO creates symptoms through bacterial gas fermentation, carbohydrate malabsorption, endotoxins and more.
Diagnosis - Learn keynotes to recognize SIBO in the clinic, if it's SIBO or something else, how to interpret SIBO breath tests (with lots of examples), how to use tests to inform your treatment, and why testing and retesting is important.
Symptom Relief & 1st and 2nd line Treatment - What to try before antibacterials plus OTC and Rx treatments for SIBO symptoms.
Dietary Treatment - Learn how to use diet as a 1st line therapy; for symptomatic relief; to support antibacterial treatments; for prevention of relapse; and for chronic SIBO management.
Antibacterial Treatment - Learn how to use the three antibacterial approaches to eradicate bacterial overgrowth: pharmaceutical antibiotics, herbal antibiotics, and elemental diet, as well as specific treatments for hydrogen, methane, and hydrogen sulfide type SIBO, and what to expect.
Preventing Relapse & Summary - Learn various approaches for preventing relapse, including meal spacing, bodywork, diet, pharmaceutical and herbal prokinetics, plus Dr. Siebecker's 12 Key SIBO Success Points, comprehensive treatment charts, and case examples.
" I love the Desk Reference PDF Booklet, I keep it open and use it everyday in my practice."
- Jeff Horacek MD
Classes are 10-20 minutes long: watch 1 or 2 at a time, check-off classes as you finish and pick back up easily.
1. Prevalence, Definition, History
2. Anatomy, SIBO Bacteria
3. Symptoms & Signs
4. SIBO Types
5. Treatment Algorithm, Prognosis
7. Symptom and Gas Pathophysiology
8. Carbohydrate Malabsorption
9. Other and Sign Pathophysiology
10. Introduction and Overview
11. Physiologic Underlying Causes,
12. MMC Risk Factors
13. Structural Risk Factors
14. Ileocecal Valve Syndrome Diagnosis
and Treatment: Dr. Sandberg-Lewis
15. HCl, Immune, Bile & Enzyme Risk
16. Discontinuing PPIs: Dr. Sandberg-
17. Synopsis and Clinical Points
18. Underlying Cause Testing, Treatment
19. Clinical Key Indicators
20. SIBO Associated Diseases
21. SIBO Differential Diagnosis
22. Differential Diagnosis Testing
23. SIBO Testing
24. SIBO Breath Testing
25. Why Test & Retest
26. SIBO Test Interpretation
27. Test Examples
28. Retest Examples & Testing Summary
29. 1st & 2nd Line Therapy
30. 1st & 2nd line Options: Dr. Jacobi
31. 1st & 2nd line Options: Dr. Ruscio
32. Symptom Treatment: Overview,
33. Symptom Treatment: Constipation
34. Symptom Treatment: Diarrhea
35. Symptom Treatment: Nausea,
36. Symptom Relief: Supplements to
37. Treatment: Overview
39. Uses, Effectiveness
40. Patterns, Principles
41. Key Indicators
42. Carbohydrates (parts 1-3)
43. SCD, GAPS Diet
44. FODMAP Diet
45. SIBO Specific Food Guide,
Bi-Phasic Diet, Cedars-Sinai Diet,
Fast Track Diet
46. SIBO Diet Comparisons
47. Foods & Meals (parts 1-3)
48. Diet Clinical Application parts 1-3
(How and When, Problems, Expanding)
51. Elemental Diet
52. Challenges & Clinical Tips
53. Case Examples
55. Antibiotics for SIBO
56. Alternative Options & Logistics
58. Protocol Types, Single Herb
59. Herbal Antibiotic Properties
60. Combination Herb Protocols
61. Case Example
62. Key Points & Summary
Antibacterial Treatment Points
63. Methane Treatment
64. Hydrogen Sulfide Treatment
65. Hydrogen Sulfide Diagnosis
66. Antibacterial Treatment Response
67. Antibacterial Treatment
68. Antibacterial Treatment Adjuncts
70. Prevention: Overview
71. Foundations and General Use
72. Individual Prokinetics:
73. Mechanisms, Site Activity, Safety
74. Use in SIBO
75. SIBO Options, Dosing
76. SIBO Clinical Application
77. Prevention and Prokinetic
Summary - Clinical Points
78. Clinical Application
79. Key Success Points
80. Case Examples
Every practitioner is welcome!
Licensed and non-licensed from all fields and disciplines, including MDs, DOs, NDs, DCs, RNs, NPs, PAs, LAcs, RDs,
Nutritionists, Health Coaches... Please join me!
WHO CAN TAKE THE SIBO PRO COURSE?
MDs, DOs, NDs, DCs, RNs, NPs, PAs, LAcs, RDs, Nutritionists and Health Coaches
If you're a SIBO patient, please see Dr. Siebecker’s SIBO Recovery Roadmap® Course, click here - practitioner level information from a patient’s perspective).
IS THERE A CERTIFICATE/CERTIFICATION?
Certification is through the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) via the American Association of Family Physicians (AAFP).
"This Enduring Material activity, SIBO Pro Course, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 20 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. AAFP certification begins 09/14/2021. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.”
AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1. AAFP Prescribed credit is equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™.
WHAT IF I NEED A DIFFERENT CONTINUING EDUCATION CERTIFICATION?
WHEN DOES IT START?
You have instant access to the entire course. You can work through it at your own pace, watch it in-order, or the lessons you're most interested in first, and go back and watch lessons again.
I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE THE TIME?
- Lessons average 10-20 minutes, and are easy to fit into lunch hours and small blocks of time - you don't need large blocks of time.
- The course platform let's you keep track of what you've watched, so you know right where to pick back up if you're away from it for a while.
- Lesson audio can be listened to while driving, or read from the transcript if watching takes too much time.
- The physicians desk reference booklet has all the clinical keynotes (like dosing charts) which can be used immediately, even without watching the course.
And if you’re wondering when the perfect time is, it’s never! There won’t ever be a perfect time, other than yesterday or tomorrow.
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM DR. SIEBECKER'S OTHER CLASSES (AND FREE LECTURES)?
- There's more content included in the SIBO Pro Course, 22 hours total. This course is a truly complete training in SIBO.
- The SIBO Pro Course is carefully designed for optimal learning, which free lectures aren't.
- The SIBO Pro Course is an advanced curriculum, at the highest post-graduate medical level.
- The SIBO Pro Course goes step-by-step, in-depth through the exact algorithm, treatments, and clinical decision-making Dr. Siebecker and her colleagues use with patients. You will learn what to do in various scenarios so you are equipped to work with a wide range of cases. All the specifics are shared.
- The SIBO Pro Course is meticulously organized (complimented in every student evaluation). By bringing together all the elements of SIBO, in the right order, even practitioners who consider themselves SIBO-literate can greatly improve their understanding and clinical skills.
HOW DO I CONTACT YOU?
WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
Dr. Siebecker is Instructor of Advanced Gastroenterology at NUNM, the 2021 lifetime achievement Borborygmus award recipient from the Gastroenterology Association of Naturopathic Physicians, and the original force behind SIBO awareness and education in the Naturopathic profession.
Clinical Experience Dr. Siebecker has specialized in SIBO since 2011, treating only SIBO patients in her practice and serving as a second and third opinion referral doctor for patients who have failed previous treatments. This perspective has allowed her to identify pitfalls in SIBO care and how to overcome them to increase success (which she shares in her teaching).
Teaching Experience Dr. Siebecker created and began teaching the first-ever SIBO curriculum at a medical university (Advanced Gastroenterology at NUNM) in 2013. She's been teaching physicians, medical students and patients internationally since 2010 - through conference lectures, online classes, podcasts and her free educational website siboinfo.com. She has taught over 6,000 students in continuing education conferences alone (see list below). Many of her students and patients have gone on to become SIBO specialists and teachers, teaching alongside her at conferences and in their own SIBO courses, websites and books. Her teaching style is informal and friendly, with a focus on making the complex understandable.
SIBO Pioneer Dr. Siebecker first introduced SIBO to the Naturopathic profession in 2010 at the annual AANP conference. In 2011, Dr. Siebecker created the first online resource for SIBO, the free informational website siboinfo.com. In 2011, to help patients who couldn't afford elemental diet treatment, she created the Homemade Elemental Diet Recipes and co-created the Herbal Antibiotic SIBO protocols, both offered for free on siboinfo.com and used by thousands today. In 2012, to help SIBO patients struggling with what to eat, she created the SIBO Specific Food Guide (called the SIBO Diet by most) also offered for free on siboinfo.com. Her diet has been adapted into other SIBO diets by former students/colleagues. She co-created the first SIBO specialty clinic in 2013 (SIBO Center for Digestive Health at NUNM); the first-ever SIBO conference in 2014 (NUNM SIBO Symposium); and the first online-only SIBO conferences in 2017 (SIBO SOS Summits). Dr. Siebecker continues pioneering - her 2020 SIBO conference, Next Steps for Treating Tough SIBO, was the first focused exclusively on treatments for recalcitrant SIBO.
"One of those doctors who straddles the worlds of education, research and clinical practice with apparent ease and generosity towards those who wish to learn from her."
- Dr. Penel Houghton
Dr. Siebecker's Continuing Education Conference Presentations
SIBO Symposium 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019.
Integrative SIBO Conference (SIBO Con) 2017, 2018, 2019.
Advanced Applications in Chronic Digestive Illness (AAMP), 2020.
The Forum for Integrative Medicine 2019.
Integrative Healthcare and Applied Nutrition Conference 2019, 2021.
Gastroenterology Association of Naturopathic Physicians 2018, 2019.
GI Health Foundation: IBS Prime 2017, 2018, 2020.
GI Health Foundation: Advances in IBS 2016, 2017, 2018.
Nova Scotia Naturopathic Conference 2019.
Hawaii Doc Talks Conference 2016, 2018.
Nutritional Therapy Association Annual Conference 2017.
Australian SIBO Summit 2017.
Gut Instinct Conference 2016.
The Gut Brain Practitioner Seminar 2016.
New Hampshire Association Naturopathic Doctors Conference 2015.
Maryland Naturopathic Doctor Association 2015.
Food as Medicine Conference 2015.
Functional Medicine University 2015, 2020.
13th Annual Scleroderma Foundation Seminar 2014.
NUNM GI Conference 2014, 2021.
Weston A Price Foundation Annual Conference 2014.
Ancestral Health Symposium 2013.
British Columbia Naturopathic Association Annual Conference 2013.
American Association of Naturopathic Physicians 2010, 2016.
- Co-Founder & Former Medical Director: SIBO Center for Digestive Health at NUNM Clinic (2013- 2015)
- Co-Founder: NUNM SIBO Symposium (2014), Curriculum Coordinator (2014-2016, 2019)
- Co-Founder: NUNM GI Conference (2014)
- Co-Founder and Curriculum Coordinator SIBO SOS Summits I & II (2017)
- Founder, Curriculum Coordinator: Next Steps for Treating Tough SIBO Conference (2020)
- Gastroenterology Association of Naturopathic Physicians: Continuing Education Committee (2018- present)
- Private Practice: SIBO Specialty. Portland OR (2011- present)
- Private Practice: General Medicine, Functional Endocrinology, Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture. Portland OR (2006- 2010)
- National University of Natural Medicine, Adjunct Faculty: Portland OR (2013- present)
- Instructor: Advanced Gastroenterology, Organ Systems II: Carbohydrate & Protein Digestion & Absorption
- GI Health Foundation: IBS Board of Advisor & Faculty (2016-present)
- 2021 Lifetime Achievement Borborygmus Award, from the Gastroenterology Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Best of Naturopathy 2015, Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, for “SIBO: Dysbiosis Has a New Name”, Feb/March 2015.
- Best of Naturopathy 2013, Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, for “Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth: Often Ignored Cause of Irritable Bowel Syndrome”, Feb/March 2013.
- Best of Naturopathy 2005, Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, for “Traditional Bone Broth in Modern Health and Disease”, Feb 2005.
- “The Importance and Relevance of IBS in the Female Patient”, Townsend Letter, Feb/March 2014
- “SIBO: The Finer Points of Diagnosis, Test Interpretation, and Treatment”, NDNR, Jan 2014.
- “Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth: Common but Overlooked Cause of IBS”, NDNR, Jan 2013.
- “Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth: The Case of The Perpetual Patient”, NDNR, March 2011.
- Naturopathic Physician, 2006 - present
- Acupuncturist, 2005 - present
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, 2005, National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Portland Or.
- Master of Science Oriental Medicine, 2005, National College of Naturopathic Medicine, Portland Or.
- Bachelor of Arts, 1991, Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ.